Friday, May 11, 2007

Forget Los Angeles

Yep. Forget Beverly Hills, all the glitzy events and swanky, exclusive night spots.

I live in Hollywood South.

Since Hurricane Katrina destroyed New Orleans, a prime location for movie production, Shreveport has not only acquired more than a few evacuees, but a substantial portion of the movie industry as well.

It seems like everyone's been in town lately. Rob Corddry from The Daily Show, Mike Epps, Martin Lawrence, Denzel Washingon, Jessica Simpson and Queen Latifah have all been in town or still are, filming movies. And that's a very short list of actors that have come to the area.

Just today I was walking into Starbucks and who was holding the door open for me? Forrest Whitaker.

I was so shocked, I didn't even have time to get star struck. I said hello. He said hello. He was off with two other men, back to whatever they were doing.

I guess that was better than my episode with Rob Corddry, where I followed him to the bathroom in a downtown bar.

Now, I met these two when I wasn't even trying. Just going about my everyday business. I wonder what could happen if I actually tried to put myself in the places I know they're going to be.

Hmmm...maybe I should start carrying around a camera to capture these moments and post it on here for ya'll to see.

Then maybe ya'll will want to move to Hollywood South.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You saw Forrest & didn't get your dear old mom an autograph? Shame on you! I just love him......

Anonymous said...

I love your mom! :-)
Tywana